Several types of glass have been created throughout history, such as soda-lime glasses and leaded crystals. Borosilicate was developed in the mid-1800s to be a durable and heat-resistant material used in laboratory settings. Since then, it has gained massive popularity amongst the top borosilicate glass container manufacturers like Atico Export. Borosilicate glassware container manufacturers in South Africa are doing a remarkable job by designing, manufacturing, exporting and supplying the most acceptable and high utility range of borosilicate lab glassware.
Borosilicate Glassware Manufacturers
Borosilicate glass is one of the essential materials in chemistry experiments. It has many properties that make it ideal for use in chemical reactions, and it is also very versatile. Why does Atico Export choose borosilicate for making all lab glassware? In this article, we will discuss some of the critical properties of borosilicate glass and why it is so important in chemistry experiments.
Borosil Laboratory Glassware Manufacturers
There is a significant reason borosilicate glass is preferred over regular glass by Borosilicate Glassware Manufacturers. Let us understand the science behind the same.
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass that is made from borosilicate minerals. Borosilicate glass comprises tiny silica spheres fused to create a smooth, uniform surface. It is made of silica, boron, and silicon oxide and has high thermal shock resistance and low reactivity. Borosilicate glass is perfect for chemical reactions and other scientific experiments because it doesn’t let liquid or gas escape. On the other hand, regular glass comprises larger pieces of silica that can break apart easily in a chemical reaction. Regular glass has very low thermal resistance, which is a significant drawback.
Borosilicate Glassware Manufacturers
Borosilicate glassware is widely used in all kinds of labs but also in chemistry labs because of the following salient features:
- It has a high thermal resistance and is often used to seal off liquids, making it perfect for chemistry experiments.
- The properties of borosilicate glass can vary, but it is generally considered a relatively transparent and heat-resistant version of silica glass.
- In chemistry experiments, this chemical compound is often used to create a tube or rod lined with the material for experiments without the risk of breaking.
- We are talking about glass; thus, we are talking about transparent labware, which helps the experimenter look at the liquids and solutions measurements for better experimentation. It allows for more accurate measurements of chemicals.
- Borosilicate glass can be formed into different shapes and sizes, depending on the experiment’s needs.
- It is also essential in chemistry experiments because it helps prevent chemical and glassware reactions.
- Borosilicate glass has become a staple in every chemist’s toolkit. It is easy to work with, and it has impressive heat resistance. More and more labs worldwide prefer Atico Export as the ultimate borosilicate glass container manufacturer because they make all lab glassware equipment with borosilicate.
Borosilicate Glass Containers Manufacturers In South Africa
As the name suggests, Borosilicate glass containers are made with a particular type of glass called borosilicate. We already know the benefits of why borosilicate is used to make chemistry lab glassware.
Purpose Of Borosilicate Glass Containers
Borosilicate glass containers are most commonly used in laboratories and industrial settings to store and transport chemicals and other materials. The containers are made of a type of glass that is very resistant to heat and pressure. It makes them perfect for use in high-pressure systems or near heat sources. Additionally, borosilicate glass containers are non-toxic and Corrosion Resistant.
The primary use or benefit of using borosilicate glass containers is that they are safe and can hold a lot of liquid.
The Borosilicate Glassware Containers are not only used in chemistry labs but are often used to store food, drink, and other sensitive items. They’re also popular in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries as they resist chemical breakage and impact. Thus borosilicate glass container manufacturers and borosilicate glass container suppliers supply borosilicate glassware to vast industries in the domestic and international sectors.
Borosilicate Glassware Containers Suppliers,
The laboratory glassware suppliers bear a great responsibility on their shoulders to supply the best of the best quality Borosilicate Glassware Containers to various industries like:
Let us have an insight into how Borosilicate Glass Containers Manufacturers In South Africa are changing the landscape of borosilicate lab glassware. If you are a lab owner or working in a lab and need quality and highly durable Borosilicate Glass Containers, contact any of the following manufacturers.
- Atico Export
- Atico India
- Borosilicate Glassware
- Atico Lab Export
- School Science Equipment.
The Final Take:
Borosilicate glass is one of the essential materials in chemistry experiments. Not only does it have excellent thermal properties, but its borosilicate structure also makes it a good choice for chemical reactions that involve high temperatures and pressures. If you’re ever wondering what borosilicate glass is or why it’s so important, I hope this article has been helpful.