These days, people undergo surgical treatments on their body parts, including the nose, lips, breasts, etc. Rhinoplasty is in high demand as young adults are looking to redefine their noses to beautify their appearance by changing the balance and sizes of their faces. It is one of the most common types of surgeries done.
What is it?
Rhinoplasty is an incision that changes the shape of the nose. The aim of rhinoplasty may be to change the way how the nose looks or improve breathing. In some cases, it could be both. The top portion of the nose is the bone, the lower portion is cartilage. With the help of rhinoplasty, bone, cartilage, and skin can be changed. Rhinoplasty is also referred to more commonly as ‘nose job’.
Types of Rhinoplasty
- Open Rhinoplasty
- Closed Rhinoplasty
Open rhinoplasty in india is mostly used for substantial reshaping of the nose. Doctors suggest open rhinoplasty nose surgery for trouble-free access to the surgery site and to embrace the area’s visibility that needs treatment. In addition, they create columella that empowers them to lift the skin flawlessly. This process is usually done to correct the shape of the nose and other aesthetic issues.
Closed rhinoplasty is the surgical procedure where a doctor gets greater access to the areas that need reshaping with the nostril. This is often proposed when there is a need for minor reshaping and corrections. This is considered less protruding, resulting in minor swelling in the post-surgery phase. Note that if the opening is possessed within nostrils, they are more likely to have visible scarring. This option can be considered only when there is minor nasal tip reshaping required. Closed rhinoplasty is to be done only by an experienced nose surgeon.
What are the costs?
- The nose rhinoplasty cost in india at minimum is from INR 15,000
- The average cost for rhinoplasty in India is from INR 85,000
- The highest charge for rhinoplasty in India is up to INR Rs 2, 00,000.
How do you prepare for the surgery?
Before deciding on getting rhinoplasty done you must meet your doctor to discuss important factors that determine whether this surgery will work in your favor. This includes
- Medical history. It is very important for your doctor to ask you about your medical history. This will also include the history of nasal obstruction, any previous surgeries are done, or any medications that you are taking.
- Physical examination. Your doctor will also ask you to get a complete physical examination done before the surgery takes place which will include laboratory tests and blood tests.
- Photographs. Somebody from your doctor’s office will take pictures of your nose from different angles. Your surgeon will then work on manipulating these photos with the help of software to set the expectations before the surgery.
- Discussion of your expectations. It is mandatory for you and your doctor to discuss about your inspiration and predictions. The doctor shall be able to explain whether rhinoplasty might or might not work for you.
Rhinoplasty is comparatively safe and economical whereas, breast reduction cost in india is high and involves more risk.