Online sellers: who are they?
Online enterprises in India have recently begun to expand at a rapid rate. Most consumers preferred making purchases online to going to any market. Customers’ exposure to a wide selection of products, simple payment options, and delivery of goods to their doorstep are factors in this.
Also, Read – FSSAI Registration portal
Online vendors are people who advertise their products and services online. Retailers or sellers can grow their business by selling online. A vendor can run an online business through their own website or through an e-commerce site like Amazon or Flipkart.
By putting their products on their platforms, online retailer platforms like Amazon and Flipkart assist vendors all over the world. A couple of the businesses that assist online vendors in building their websites are Shopify and wix.com. Sellers can reach a global market by selling online.
Why is the FSSAI license crucial for online sellers?
The organization in charge of ensuring food safety in India is the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI). It controls and monitors food safety and quality. According to FSSAI, any company engaged in the food industry is required to hold an FSSAI license or registration. No matter if it is an offline or online business, it needs to register with the FSSAI.
You must apply for an FSSAI accreditation if you want to launch an internet business and your items are related to the food sector. Amazon and Flipkart won’t allow their business partners to list their products on their platforms if they failed to produce an FSSAI certificate.
Obtaining an FSSAI license grants you the following advantages in addition to enabling you to conduct your online business:
- Establish your company as a reliable and trustworthy brand.
- The FSSAI registration you have will make any legal action regarding your business easy and successful.
- Your online food product company can easily expand and scale.
- By adopting the FSSAI licensing mark, you can demonstrate to customers that you care about quality.
- Your FSSAI license can draw in investors and streamline the loan application process.
How Do Online Sellers Obtain an FSSAI License?
FSSAI food license certificates come in three different varieties. You must apply based on your business cap. These three license types are:
Fundamental FSSAI Registration
Registration of State FSSAI Food Licenses
Registration of Central FSSAI Food Licenses
Fundamental FSSAI Registration
You will be subject to a small business cap if the annual revenue from your retail operation is less than Rs. 12 lakhs. For small businesses, a basic food license is sufficient. For basic registration, you must fill out Form A. You are required to update your food license from a basic registration to a state FSSAI registration whenever your business’s revenue surpasses Rs. 12 lakhs.
Proof of address
Form FSSAI Declaration
State FSSAI Food License Registration
If you operate an internet store with a retail revenue of between Rs. 12 lakh and Rs. 20 crores, you are eligible for a state food license. You must complete Form B to register your food with the FSSAI in order to obtain this food license.
- Documents of business premises (Rental/Lease agreement)
- ID proof of the online seller (Aadhar/ Voter ID/ Driving License/ Passport)
- Incorporation Certificate/ GST Registration/ Trading License
- MOA and AOA
- All of the following must be done (Trade license or Establishment registration or Panchayath License or Corporation License or Municipality License)
- Business details
- FSSAI declaration forms
Central FSSAI Food License Registration
You must apply for a Central food license certificate if the revenue from your internet business exceeds Rs. 20 crores. You must upgrade from a State food license to a Central food license if your mid-cap business generates more than Rs. 20 crores in revenue.
- documents pertaining to company space (lease/rental agreement)
- Online seller’s identification (Aadhar, voter ID, driver’s license, passport)
- Certificate of Incorporation, GST Registration, and Trade License
- Code for import and export
- AOA and MOA
- Any one of the following documents—a business license, an establishment registration certificate, a panchayat license, a corporation license, or a municipal license—must be submitted.
- Business information
- Forms for FSSAI declaration
Procedure to get FSSAI Certificate as an Online Seller
- Prepare a business plan.
- Find out what your yearly turnover is.
- Choose the license type that is required for your online business.
- Complete the application and the required paperwork.
- settling the fee
- Send the application If there is incorrect information in your application, you should exercise caution. Your registration may be canceled by FSSAI. If the form has to be updated in any way, it must be amended. Within 30 days, the revised application form must be returned.